1.- The fish that comes mainly from the Catalonian coast is normally bought from June to September. The months from March to June are usually from the Cantabrian Sea.
2.- At the fish market, our buyers control the quality and size of the fish.
3.- Upon arrival at the warehouse, the temperature of the fish, its entirety and hardness are controlled.
4.- The size of the fish is selected and processed in two ways:
- a) It is used fresh (anchovy-Boquerón)
- b) It is left in brine (salted water) to carry out its maturation process or it is salted directly
- The fresh fish, once the head and viscera are detached, is placed in barrels covered with salt and with a press of about 25 kg., To extract all of its juice.
- At the end of the maturation, the salt is changed and the ideal size is chosen to pack them in different formats
- The final packaging (always manual) is done in glass jars of different formats.
- Expiration of the product will be 6 months in olive oil format and 12 months in salting format.